Appliances consume a lot of energy, and faulty equipment increases your utility bills. Repairing these machines helps to keep them running efficiently.
This also saves you money on replacement costs. Choosing to repair your appliances instead of buying new ones reduces carbon emissions and helps promote a more sustainable economy.
Energy efficient Appliance Repair in Carbon IN are one of the best ways to lower energy costs, save money on electricity bills and decrease your carbon footprint. Using these appliances reduces the need to use energy-intensive resources like natural gas, oil, coal and water.
Purchasing Energy Star-certified appliances can also help to reduce emissions, as these products have been shown to have a positive impact on environmental pollution. During the past 30 years, these products have reduced fossil fuels by over 2.7 billion metric tons of carbon dioxide, which is equal to around 670 coal-fired power stations.
Compared with other policy interventions, appliance efficiency standards and labelling policies can be seen as an effective way to drive climate benefits at a low cost, delivering major impacts for less than the social cost of carbon. As a result, they are considered a smart investment for governments.
Appliances are big-ticket workhorses, and they have a way of breaking down when you need them most. Whether it’s a broken refrigerator or an overheated central air conditioning unit, an appliance that doesn’t work is a nuisance.
Although it’s difficult to predict exactly how long your appliances will last, you can do a little research into their life expectancy. Gas ranges and dryers tend to have the longest lifespans, with average expected service lives of 15 years.
The longevity of your Appliance Repair in Carbon IN also has a bearing on the environment, as the production of new devices comes with a significant environmental cost. These include the extraction and processing of raw materials, as well as manufacturing processes that create greenhouse gases.
Aside from the lifespan of a product, there are several other important factors to consider when choosing between replacement and repair. Repairing and maintaining your existing appliances reduces your carbon footprint, saving you money on utility bills in the long run.
When it comes to appliance maintenance, safety is the name of the game. If your gas water heater is on the fritz or your furnace is not working up to snuff, you could be putting yourself and your loved ones at risk for potentially deadly carbon monoxide buildup.
Thankfully, regular preventative maintenance and a little know-how go a long way in ensuring your appliances stay on the job. In addition to preventing fires and leaks, properly maintained appliances can last longer and perform better overall. Choosing repair over replacement will also reduce your energy bills and environmental footprint. For example, you can opt for a more energy efficient appliance by opting for LED lighting or a more eco-friendly refrigerator with a higher BTU capacity. This will save you a bundle in electricity costs and reduce your carbon footprint in the process. With so many options on the market today, it’s essential to be proactive and keep your family safe in the process!
Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
Incorrectly installed gas appliances, furnaces, and fireplaces are the primary cause of accidental carbon monoxide poisoning in the United States. Thousands of people die each year from this deadly gas.
It is a colorless, odorless, tasteless gas that is created during incomplete combustion when fossil fuel (gas, oil, propane, coal or wood) burns without enough oxygen. It is usually safe to breathe but can be fatal if inhaled in large amounts.
If you believe your family is being exposed to unsafe levels of CO, get everyone out of the house and away from the source. If you can, call 911 or a neighbor’s home to let them know that you are experiencing symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include headaches, nausea, dizziness, fatigue and confusion. They are typically similar to the flu but can be severe if not treated quickly.